Warragul Community Preschool Centre is located in
Mouritz Street, Warragul. The kindergarten is noted for its playground, which
is unique in the natural beauty and space it provides. It is the perfect place
for children to explore, investigate and imagine. Features such as the vegetable
garden, worm farm and chickens allow the children to observe and care for plants
and animals and to engage in sustainable practices. The playroom is light, airy,
spacious and comfortable.
Important aspects of our kindergarten program
Children sharing their ideas, planning together to
develop their ideas for play, taking some responsibility for their own learning
by helping prepare the activities they plan, and trying out what they implement
and making changes as needed.
Parents getting involved in their child’s learning
at kindergarten by joining in with activities, discussing their child’s needs
and interests with the teacher and sharing ideas and talents of their
The flexibility of our program respects the
child’s need to be able to play at a task he/she is absorbed in.
Sun safety and education about nutrition are
embedded in our practice.
Facilities and Services
- Two large, well-lit play rooms with great visibility and access to outdoor area.
- Large well shaded outdoor play area with additional space for running, picking fruit, rolling down hills.
- Three covered outdoor play spaces – sand-pit, rotunda, 'soft fall' area.
- Vegetable garden, worm farm and hen-house.
- The Kindergarten was extended during 2013 to include two play rooms, shared kitchen, shared children’s bathroom, new entry, foyer and toilets. These are all wheel-chair accessible.
Baw Baw Shire Council (link) phone 5624 2540
View our Philosophy
View list of all YEYM Kindergartens