The Y's Kindergarten Staff are enthusiastic, committed
and passionate about the education and care of children.
Our recruitment process ensures that all staff are not only
suitably qualified but aspire to the YMCA values of Honesty, Respect, Caring and
Each kindergarten has an Educational Leader
supported by a team comprised of Bachelor, Diploma and/or Certificate III
Qualified Staff. We also have a team of Early Child Advisors and Facilitators
who actively support the staff in our kindergartens.
Prior to employment all potential staff must
satisfy the following requirements:
- Police Check that is current within 6 months
- Employee Working With Children’s Check
- Anaphylaxis Management Certificate
- Asthma Management Certificate
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
- Completion of Safeguarding Children and Young People Training
- Current Resume
- Two successful referee checks
- Participation in an interview.
Once employed our expectation is that all staff
- Attend regular professional development
- Participate in Annual Staff Appraisals
- Attend staff meetings both within their own team and the organisation enabling them valuable networking opportunities and the development of robust relationships and quality programs. It is also important that staff take the time to reflect on their current practice and have a commitment to continual improvement.
- Update qualifications as required
- Stay up to date on current trends and educational practices.