At Lakes Entrance Preschool, the teaching team
works together to provide support, assistance and encouragement so the children
gain the most benefit from their time at preschool.
We aim to provide a fun and safe learning
environment, to provide learning through play, to promote the values of sharing,
taking turns, good manners, and respect and awareness of others, and to
encourage the children to be as independent as possible.
Guided by the Victorian Early Years
Learning and Development Framework and the National Quality Framework, and
implemented by qualified and highly experienced staff, the preschool provides a
developmentally appropriate program for all the children.
- Provides children with a range of interesting, developmentally appropriate and educational experiences
- Fosters children’s independence, self-confidence and self-help skills
- Is based on the individual needs of all children
- Provides children a foundation for developing literacy and numeracy skills
- Promotes children’s co-operation communication skills and relationships with others
- Encourages children’s investigation and problem solving abilities
- Includes a Koorie language and art program
- Includes inclusion support assistants, where possible, for children with additional needs
- Includes special visitors and incursions which further enhance the program
- Helps prepare children for school.
Families are encouraged to be involved in their
child’s preschool experience, and where possible, in the preschool’s Committee