Havilah Road Preschool is an established
Kindergarten where families are always welcome to share the children’s
The educators are passionate, friendly and experienced in meeting the
diverse needs of families.
Our program is play based aiming to support the individual needs,
abilities and interests of the children while being fun, interesting and
We are proud to be offering a second language as part of our daily educational program. This "Learn Languages at Kindergarten" program includes a Karen Teacher joining the Preschool for 2 sessions a week to support and involve all of the children in Karen language activities and experiences. These contribute to communication and literacy skills, enhance engagement and offer many cognitive and social benefits.
The program is a State funded initiative through the Department of Education and will be in place for four years.
Facilities and Services
- A spacious room with inviting play based learning experiences, including art, blocks, books, construction, home corner, maths, nature and science
- The experiences are changed continually to meet the children's interests and learning development
- "Learn Languages at Kindergarten" Program
- Well resourced, quality play equipment
- Covered verandah allowing outdoor play all year round
- Large playground with shade trees and shade sails
- Large sandpit and digging patch
- Vegetable garden and plant boxes
- Natural play space with a teepee, plantings, large rocks and logs
- Cubby house and fairy garden
- Paved area for bikes and a swing
- Fort and flexible portable climbing equipment
- Large car park behind the kindergarten building
- The playground was upgraded in 2016 to incorporate more natural, tactile and sensory playspaces.
Open Day 2019
Friday 24th May, 2019
9.00am - 11.00am
Contact LMPA on 5443 1229 or
View our Philosophy
View list of all YEYM Kindergartens