Fees and Benefits
The provision of kindergarten programs is partly funded by the State
Government with the balance of funds required coming from fees paid by parents.
Pre-Kindergarten (3 Year Old Kindergarten) is not funded by the State
Government and is therefore totally reliant on fees paid by parents.
YEYM sets the fees as part of the budgeting process each year. Our Fees Policy is here.
Kindergarten Fee Subsidy: Families whose child is attending a Funded Kindergarten Program (4-5 year olds) who are eligible for the Kindergarten Fee Subsidy, will not be required to pay fees for this program.
We do not receive any Government funding for Pre-Kinder Programs, so full fees apply to all families.
Our Fees Policy is here.
For children who meet the criteria, the following assistance with fees is
Important information for Enrolments managed by Ballarat YMCA
For a list of Kindergartens with Ballarat YMCA Managed Enrolments see here:
It is important to note that where families have received a Fee Agreement Form with their Confirmation of Place letter, both forms must be returned within 14 days in order to secure their child's place. eg.
> the signed Confirmation of a Place Ietter AND
> the completed Fee Agreement Form
There are three payment options:
- Pay the full fee upfront and in advance. In this case, payment will be taken within 7 days of receipt of the Fee Agreement Form. Payment methods are detailed below.
- Pay fees by Direct Debit over 9 monthly instalments. The first instalment will be deducted in March 2020.
- Choose Direct Debit with instalments option on the Fee Agreement Form and provide banking details, however, choose to pay the full amount by contacting us before the start of the Kindergarten year. This then cancels out the monthly payment arrangement.
Payment of the full fee upfront
- Payment by cheque: Families paying by cheque through an upfront payment should make this payable to Ballarat YMCA and attach to their completed Fee Agreement Form and return with signed Confirmation of Place letter.
- By credit card/debit card. Fill in the details on the Fee Agreement Form.