Kindergarten is free for some families...
- If your child identifies as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- If your child is identified on their birth certificate as being a multiple birth child (triplets or more)
- If your child is known to Child Protection or Child FIRST
OR if you or your child holds one of the following; Kindergarten Fee Subsidy (KFS) is available:
- Commonwealth Health Care Card
- Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Card or White Card
- Refugee or Asylum Seeker Visa
- Bridging Visas for any of the above refugee or Asylum Seeker Visas
The Kindergarten Fee Subsidy (KFS) is available for children who attend a 4 Year Old (Funded Year) of Kindergarten and subsidised 3 Year Old Programs.
If your three year old child is Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander or has been supported by Child Protection or Child FIRST, they may be eligible for up to 15 hours of a free or low cost kindergarten program
if there are places available.
A copy of your concession card must be attached to your child's enrolment application. If you receive a concession card after your child commences, please email the copy to