Castlemaine Kindergarten is committed to
providing a quality early childhood educational program that acknowledges and
responds to the individual needs and interests of each child, to each family and
to the wider community. Each child is treated with individual care and
We encourage open communication between staff and
families, and attempt to foster feelings of mutual trust and develop a sense of
belonging to the Kinder. We respect the right of each family to privacy and will
maintain confidentiality at all times.
We are committed to the inclusion of all children
in the Kindergarten program and ensure against discrimination on the basis of
gender, race, religion, language, ability or culture. Our program is based on a
sound knowledge of child development and of current early childhood education
theories and practice. We provide a stimulating, safe environment in which
children can develop in all areas.
Kindergarten is a place where children play and
learn. It is a place where life skills and attitudes are developed.
Acknowledging that children learn through play, the qualified staff design a
program that is developmentally appropriate to the needs and interests of the
children, with a balance of teacher directed and child initiated activities. The
importance of play as the tool for children to learn is recognised and fostered
at all times.
Facilities and Services
The indoor environment:
- Two spacious, well equipped rooms with direct access to the outside area and the bathroom.
- Room designs are open, with few fixed activity areas, allowing for very flexible indoor programming.
- Resources include a well-stocked library of fiction and non-fiction books, role play equipment utilising as much “real” equipment as possible (working stethoscopes, real crockery etc), a comprehensive selection of large and small wooden blocks, paints, arts and craft materials, toy animals, dolls, puzzles, science equipment etc.
- Separate locker areas adjoining each room.
- A large, fully equipped kitchen.
The outdoor environment:
- Large outside area.
- Extensive gardens comprised of fruit trees, a vegetable patch, herbs, flowers and ornamental trees and shrubs.
- Three tree-shaded sandpits and a mud-pit.
- A huge old Goldfields peppercorn tree surrounded by a 'tree house' platform. This tree also shades most of the soft fall area and the largest sandpits.
- Fixed play equipment includes two swing sets, a wooden pirate ship with 'plank' and 'telescope' and a double story fort.
- Movable climbing frames, slides, wooden jumping/balance boards, huge foam landing mats and other smaller outside equipment to provide fresh play ideas and interesting challenges for the children.
- Children's carpentry table stocked with wood offcuts, measuring tapes, nails and real (child sized) hammers.
- Large undercover verandah area ideal for wet weather outside play.
2021 Enrolments - Kindergarten Tours
To arrange to view the Kindergarten and meet the team, please contact the Kindergarten.
Link to important dates and more information
Enquiries: Please contact Y Early Years
by email at email@example.com
or on (03) 4311 1500.
View our Philosophy
View list of all YEYM Kindergartens